Monday, February 1, 2010

GOOD Chicken Casserole

This is what we call it in our house, anyway. This recipe was introduced to the family by my sweet sister-in-law, Camila (shout-out!). She has lots of great recipes. This one is now one of our favorites. The first time I read the list of ingredients I was less than sure about it, but it is SO GOOD. Leave me a comment if you make it and tell me what you think! (I am also hoping that me blogging about this recipe makes Camila want to blog-share her delicious casserole that tastes like Thanksgiving dinner. YUM!) Thanks for an awesome recipe, Camila! Love you!


Aunt Socorro's I'm No Chicken Rotel Casserole: (Camila gave me the real name)

Layer in a 9x13 baking dish:

2 5oz. packages of yellow saffron rice, prepared according to package directions
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
1 can cream of chicken mixed with 1 cup sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese (you be the judge)
Rotel tomatoes, drained (I use 2 cans)

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. I serve with black beans and salad usually, because that is what it says to do on the recipe!


Finished product:
Photo with all the layers...



Delicious! Leftovers are just as good the next day!



3 comments:

  1. OMG YAY! I got this recipe from my Aunt Socorro so I call it "Aunt Socorro's 'I'm no Chicken' Rotelle Casserole." We love this one too. OK I just blogged about the Savannah Pasta recipe but I will pull out Thanksgiving Casserole and do that one too. Miss ya'll! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum~ You gave me this recipe a while back... we loved it. I'll have to send you a Swiss Chicken recipe a friend of mine gave me- so good! Keep the recipes coming!!!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I will have to try this one. All that you give me are so yummy! We still LOVE the tortilla soup and eat it like once a week!

    ReplyDelete