Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Recap

The Daddy went to Atlanta this weekend for Winlon's baptism. I was unfortunately not able to attend due to work. Aubrey and I passed the time without him by keeping very busy running errands and catching up on things we got behind on during the holidays.

Saturday we bundled up and went to Joann fabrics and to Barnes & Noble. I bought some books about sewing. I really want to sew more this year. I'd really like to attempt to make Aubrey some summer dresses or skirts, so I am starting in January and maybe I will be confident enough to make a few things for her by spring. I am starting with some basic projects that are pretty easily done and not too intimidating for me. I don't do well unless I have an experienced person hovering over my shoulder watching my every move and coaching! I am trying to learn to do it alone! HA! We also bought some books for Aubrey's friend's birthday. Aubrey had fun in the kids section and found a very cute little Kai-Lan doll that she just had to have. After shopping, it was off to a quick lunch at Rosa's. Aubrey had a great time eating tortillas, chips and queso. She loves to dip things, so she was in heaven. We then headed over to Mema's house for a visit. Mema had an empty paper towel roll and Aubrey thought it was the most fun toy ever! So cute. We headed home and Aubrey went to bed pretty early since she was tired from being off schedule and missing naps.

Sunday was a hectic day full of errands. We ventured out in the afternoon for a grocery store trip for items that we don't buy at Sam's. Then we were running short on time, so we quickly came home, unloaded the car and headed out to a birthday party for one of Aubrey's day care friends. It was fun. There were a lot of really cute kids within a couple of years of each other in age. They played very well together. After the party it was off to Sam's to stock up on essentials. It was getting late, so we hit the Taco Bueno drive through and headed home.

Aubrey must be growing or something because her appetite has been HUGE lately. The last few days I have been in awe of the amount of food she eats. There is NO way that she has room for that in her tummy! Maybe she has a hollow leg like her daddy! HA!

Hope you all had a fun weekend! We are home winding down and getting ready for the week. I have some new recipes I am trying this week, so if any of them turn out great I will share. Here are some photos from the weekend! You can tell she just loves a camera pointed at her! Any time I pull it out, she starts saying "cheese".


The hungry girl cheesing it up for the camera:

Playing with the paper towel roll at Mema's:
Mema and Aubrey:
Aubrey with her new Kai-Lan doll:
Playing on the horsey that Grammy and Papa Jack gave her for Christmas:

Love to all,
KK













No comments:

Post a Comment