Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sloppy Joe Recipe

OK, I know you just turned up your noses when you read the title of this post. Don't judge them until you try them! They are seriously MUCH better than sloppy joes from a can. This is a great inexpensive, fast and easy recipe. I always have all the ingredients on hand too. Here is the recipe:

1 lb ground beef (or other ground meat of choice)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
salt and pepper to taste

Brown meat with the onions and peppers, drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.

It is pretty hard to photograph a sloppy joe in an attractive way, but here it is (yes, I know broccoli is weird with this dinner, but it is a healthier option than potato chips!):

Aubrey loves it!

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment