Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day and Poor Aubrey...

I have lots to catch up on, so I am backing up and getting in a few posts before I forget. My second Mother's Day started out great. Aubrey woke up talking to herself as she typically does, and I went upstairs to get her out of her crib. She was coughing and lot during the night and had a runny nose, so here is a quick recap of our conversation that morning as I get her out of the crib:

Me: Morning, baby!
Aubrey: Mornin', Mama!
Me: How do you feel, sweetie?
Aubrey: Happy!

Seriously, this girl is just about the cutest thing in the world. She totally made my day. My heart just melted. David took care of breakfast and I got some sweet cards and a gift card for a mani/pedi, which is one of my favorite things!

Turns out that Aubrey was not feeling all that happy after all. We made a trip to urgent care that afternoon because she wouldn't eat or drink anything and only wanted to be held. She was trying pretty hard to breathe and running a fever, so we figured it was best to get it checked out. She had a breathing treatment and some tests and x-rays, to find that she was fighting a virus, luckily nothing serious. We went home with a nebulizer and some steroids and the next few days were spent being pretty lazy and doing a lot of this:


Some of this (breathing treatments):

And still managing to be pretty cute even though she wasn't feeling great...she loves trying on my glasses!

I am happy to report that she is doing great now. Time will tell if this was an isolated incident or if she has inherited David's asthma. I hope that all you moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! Even though mine wasn't as planned, it was still pretty great. I was reminded just how much my sweet baby needs her mama and she wanted to cuddle a lot, which I always love!

No comments:

Post a Comment